I am weary of anything which ties a fund to shopping, but the way I see it now is that if you are going to spend the money anyway, why not spend it on a good cause?
On Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month, Laura Mercier is launching Laura Mercier Ovarian Cancer Fund (LMOCF). Why is Laura Mercier vouching for this cause anyway? Well, for good reason. Claudia Poccia, President & CEO of the organization, lost her sister to ovarian cancer last year and Laura Mercier has watched a dear friend battle the same disease.
Click on “Our Fund” to hear their personal stories.
Ovarian cancer: is the leading cause of death among gynecological cancers in the United States, and the fifth major cause of cancer death among American women.
Ways to get involved to raise awareness of this “silent killer”:
The fund will aid research and awareness to help diagnose, treat and support women who have ovarian cancer.
- National ‘Wear Teal Day’: spread awareness this Friday, September 7. Wear teal and share a photo of your look on Laura Mercier’s Facebook page to show solidarity with other fans!
- Facebook: change your Facebook cover photo to match Laura Mercier’s in support of women affected by Ovarian Cancer. This photo was shot by legendary photographer, Patrick Demarchelier.
Simply click here, save and upload
- Shop for a Cause: 100 percent of the profits from the Bonne Mine Healthy Glow for Face & Cheeks Crème Colour Palette $48, and Lip Glace in Rose Hope $24 will be donated to the Fund.
The product: The colors are very wearable and high quality. Love the way they feel; soft and easy to apply. Great compact with the basics for on the go touch-ups! The lip gloss is a beautiful pink.
- Raise Awareness During Fashion’s Night Out: Go to Sephora, Bloomingdale’s, Saks, Lord & Taylor, Henri Bendel, Bergdorf Goodman to pick up educational material and a teal ribbon to wear throughout the night. Share the facts with every woman who asks you what it means.
- Twitter: retweet mentions that include the #LMOCF hashtag; each RT results in a $1 donation by Marie Claire to the Laura Mercier Ovarian Cancer Fund
For more information on the Laura Mercier Ovarian Cancer Fund, please visit: www.lauramercier.com/OCF.
Full disclosure: Neither the author nor SpanglishBeauty received compensation from the brands mentioned in the article.