Last time I visited my dentist, he told me that it would be wise (not extremely necessary) to wear braces to fix some spacing issues on my lower teeth. The only idea of wearing braces during my adulthood made me quiver on my chair. Yet he went right away to tell me about Invisalign*, this new alternative to traditional braces, adding that Invisalign braces were light, comfortable, clear, and removable. “Seriously?” I replied, “No wires and brackets?!” I thought the idea was genius, I even liked it, I even “saw” myself wearing them, and the cost was not much more than regular braces. Aside from everything else, at least I knew I had a choice; a modern, light, clear choice for my teeth.
So when on April 28th I attended the SITS Girls Mini Bloggy Boot Camp I had also the opportunity to attend the Invisalign Straight Talk Presentation & Patient Panel (including parents and teens) where one of the things I learned was that Invisalign braces were available for teens—something I didn’t know.
- Invisalign braces are developed with orthodontists: Today’s braces are more sophisticated than ever. Gone are the days of “wrap around” metal brackets, bonded brackets and big clunky head and neck gears. As technology enhances our daily lives, it also continues to advance the science of orthodontics. Among the new advances in orthodontia, removable aligners, like Invisalign & Invisalign Teen, are fast becoming a popular choice. The system uses a series of clear aligners made of lightweight plastic that sit smoothly on the teeth allowing for a more comfortable fit and they work as effectively as traditional metal braces.
- Eat any food you want: The aligners can be removed, kids can eat, brush and floss as they would normally. Teens can smile with confidence while straightening their teeth since this treatment, unlike traditional metal braces, is virtually invisible.
- Invisalign braces are light and invisible
- Invisalign Teen get up to 6 free replacement aligners
- They treat a variety of cases from spacing, overbite, crowding, deep bite, open bite, and underbite
- Great benefits over metal braces: Invisalign treatment usually requires fewer office visits, shorter appointments and no “emergency” visits for broken wires or brackets. Metal wires and brackets can cause irritation or even accident related injuries, especially for teens involved in sports
- Minimal interference with sports or other activities, and teeth get straightened without most people knowing you are in treatment—they are called Invisalign for a reason!
Why teens want it and parents prefer it over regular braces
What teens think about Invisalign braces
- Fits their active lifestyles
- Looks great
- Removable and comfortable
- Innovative and it works
What parents say
- Like traditional braces, Invisalign Teen effectively straightens teeth, they work great!
- It supports positive self esteem: Braces are a rite of passage for many kids, and thanks to 21st century technology such as Invisalign Teen, patients can watch their winning smile evolve instead of waiting to see the final result when the traditional metal brackets come off. Invisalign patients can start to see improvements and progress in as little as 90 days.
- Affordable (Invisalign is covered by most insurances and financing options are often available) and revolutionary with the use of digital imaging to take dental impressions for teeth straightening with Invisalign. No more goopy molds to gag on, now with digital scanners like iTero, patients are comfortable while taking dental impressions and the orthodontist is able to receive precise 3D imagery through the use of an iTero wand to create a teeth straightening treatment plan with Invisalign.
Going back to wearing braces myself…that panel, that night only fueled my dreams to one day (very soon hopefully) get my Invisalign adult braces to achieve that perfect straight smile that not only looks good but also improves bone health. For more information, visit the Invisalign website or follow them on Twitter, like them on Facebook, and for extra love visit Invisalign Fan Appreciation Month Sweepstakes.
Interact: What are your thoughts on Invisalign based on what I shared here with you?
*Invisalign’s intended use is to straighten teeth.