With all the options available out there, snacking the right way, finding the right healthy snacks or protein bars, to keep you going instead of grabbing a cookie or a cup of coffee, can be a bit overwhelming and confusing. But if you ask me, since I’m a foodie that travels a lot, and I love taking care of myself, feel vibrant and healthy, I have endeavored myself in finding the ones that suit my diet and lifestyle. So in my quest to find the ones that work best for my body, needs and digestion, (and to share my thoughts with you here), I’ve tried most of them.
But you don’t need to do what I did. Here’s a shortcut: I’m going to tell you one of favourite brands—LÄRABAR®—, and explain to you why.
Why I eat Lärabar
1- The list of ingredients regardless which line of flavour you choose, is simple and short which is key to know you are eating something healthy, the way nature intends it and the way your body will be able to benefit from it. (The moment the list of ingredients is long filled with names you can’t even read, then put that away.)
2. Because Lärabar® is a blend of unsweetened fruits, nuts and spices, made from whole food, each flavor contains no more than nine ingredients. Pure and simple, just as nature intended.
3. You will find not only a delicious variety of flavours, but the one that is right for your dietary needs. Whether you are a vegan; on a raw, or gluten and dairy free, nut and soy free, low-carb diet; or looking for complete nutrition.
4. Lärabar has more than one line (besides Lärabar, claro). You will find über®, ALT® (the Alternative Protein Bar™), and Jŏcalat®. The one that I absolute love are all of them except for über—as much as love crunchy textures, I don’t do most of the nuts and flavors found on the über line. A matter of taste, you may say.
5. If you follow me throughout the net, you’ll know then that I absolutely love chocolate, dates, and coconut oil. If you do too, then try Jŏcalat—”an organic chocolate food bar made from fruits, nuts and Fair Trade Certified™ chocolate. Each flavor contains no more than seven simple, organic ingredients that are deliciously rich, without added sugars, and free of dairy, soy, and gluten.” The chocolate hazelnut one has the richness of dark chocolate with a nice addition of crunchiness and nuttiness from the hazelnut. Definitely a must for before your workout or as a pick-me-up afternoon snack.
6. My other favourite bars—specially for when I travel— is ALT®, the Alternative Protein Bar™, and “the first-ever bar with added protein from Lärabar! Many bar brands use soy or whey protein, but ALT uses an alternative protein source: peas. It is also vegan, gluten free, dairy free, and non-GMO, and uses a wrapper that is 31% renewable.” My fave flavor? Peanut butter. Odd because I am not a big fan of peanut butter but ALT achieved the perfect balance between flavor and texture.
7. And last but not least, from the Lärabar family, I am crazy about the cashew cookie with dates, cashews, and almonds; and pecan pie with pecan, dates, and almonds. Many times, when I need to start my day with an extra kick of energy, I grab a cashew cookie bar and eat it with coconut oil.
Enter our giveaway and win a caddy of 16 Lärabar
Because I want you to have the chance to try them too, we will be giving away a caddy of 16 mixed LÄRABAR flavors, courtesy of Lärabar (see photo on right).
Disclaimer: Though, I received samples from Lärabar, neither the author nor SpanglishBeauty received compensation from the brands mentioned in this article.
*Please read our Giveaway Official Rules prior to participating.
More posts by Fernanda Beccaglia